Solid Foundation started as a day care center, as with an aim to assist busy city young mothers who did not have enough time to parent. It was started by the Mothers Union in Kigali Diocese. The center became a better option than leaving children with maids and television. The children were loved and given all the attention they needed and reached a point, where children would cry when parents came to pick them. As children grew, there was need to provide for their early childhood education so Nursery begun and today we have all the three service provided: Day Care Center, Nursery and Primary and we are preparing our first Primary Leaving Candidates this year. Children are taught, trained, socialized and an acceptable, loving environment. We are children of the Mothers Union and Part and parcel of the Kigali Diocese.
The best foundational learning center in East Africa. Providing age appropriate, life lasting academic, social and spiritual knowledge and skills.
To set firm foundations academically, socially and spiritually, through competence based teaching and learning from one another and the environment.
SAFE CHILDREN IN SAFE HANDS
• Discipline is very vital to us; we realize we are dealing with a very delicate foundational age where a person begins to form. We however, realize that God has placed us in the center of his ministry. We often ask ourselves what Jesus would do. He has been so gracious that He has allowed us to act on his behalf. We are also aware that the world does not only need academic Excellencies but needs people with the right attitude too. We very much care about discipline, in class, in the office, in the compound, even on the way as they travel back home.
• Academic excellence, we are aware that the first and foremost mission why we exist as a school is to perform as a school. We emphasize and will continue to do so that our teacher integrates all the teaching methodologies, to make our pupils excel in the academics. We do identify children with difficulties and advise them accordingly. We also offer counseling to both the children and parents and on how best we can work together in helping the pupils maximize their potentials. It is in that regard that we have put an average pass mark at 60%, below which the pupil will not be allowed to go to the next class.
• Time management: time is a resource provided by the creator, we therefore, want to maximize the use of our time. We are aware that the children form who they will be now. In the legacy we wish our pupils to take out of Solid Foundation as they join high School. Management of time, is a value, we wish to honor. We realize time is a God given resource which must be used well.
• Cleanliness: Cleanliness in next to Godliness. Our pupils on the streets must attract the passerby because of the way they look. They must always and at all times be dressed in a school uniform. Full school uniform, tacked in the shirt for girls and boys plus a neck tie. When it is sports day shorts for both gender with a yellow t-shirt. This is not negotiable but their bodies also must be clean so that’s why every Friday, we check for their nails, haircuts to ensure cleanliness is kept perfect.
• Holistic approach: We know that Jesus grew in wisdom, in stature in favor with God and man. (Luke 2:52) based on this Scripture the children in our hands not to attain academics only but to grow Socially and Spiritually as well. Other than curriculum stuff we teach in class, we also teach them to share and bear one another’s burdens and the word of God. We have weekly children ‘service and 2 days Bible quiz during assembly time. We want them to grow into complete responsible citizens.
The Anglican Church in Rwanda
Solid Foundation School.
PO Box: 61 Kigali – Rwanda
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org