The Mission and Training Department
Within the framework of implementing its five year strategic plan (2017 – 2022); The Anglican Diocese of Kigali intends to strengthen its mission and training efforts by developing teaching and training materials; equipping key strategic teams. All of these are done through the Mission and Training Department whose aim is to provide support and resources to our congregations, so needed for an efficient and long term evangelism and discipleship strategy to be attained in each and every congregation.
The staff team members:
- Rev. Innocent Sindikubwabo: Is the Head of Department and the training Coordinator.
- Rev. Cedric Kanana: Is the Evangelism Coordinator and the Fathers’ Union Coordinator. He works closely with Homecells, Choirs and other evangelistic outreach teams.
- Rev. David Nzungize is the Prison and Hospital Chaplain. Together with another part time chaplain and groups of volunteers; , they lead a ministry operating in two big hospitals (Masaka and CHUK hospitals) and two big prisons (Nyarugenge and Bugesera Prison)
Our Focus: Our activities:
- We focus on local congregations by providing both formal and informal training opportunities – targeting full time church workers as well as lay leaders of key strategic groups. .
- Informal training seminars for the catechists, pastors and parish strategic parish group leaders are often tailor made. We always encourage those whom we have trained to offer the same training to the strategic parish groups leaders in their congregations (Mothers’ Union leaders, Fathers’ Union leaders, and homecells leaders)
- The Kigali Diocese Theological Training Scheme: We sponsor catechists and pastors to do theological training and other Bible related studies. Thanks to different partners and supporters. We are on the good road towards our target that all our pastors should at least have a diploma level training by the year 2022 at the latest.
- We seek at raising welcoming and inclusive churches that use small groups as discipleship platforms to welcome new believers, learning and growing together. These include home cells, Fathers’ Union, Mothers’ Union and Youth Union groups.
- We are resourcing each and every home cell with the discipleship books in partnership with CBSI (Community Bible Study International) and training home cell leaders on how to be inclusive and welcoming communities.
- We mobilize and equip every congregation for our calling to be prayerful. For instance, leading to Easter, each congregation observes 40 days of prayer and fasting with daily services.
- We seek to bring the gospel to the unreached areas such as preaching the word of God in the prisons, hospitals, open crusades, in areas of our diocese and mobilising evangelists for the gospel through the work of the Father’s Unions.
The Anglican Church – Kigali Diocese
Evangelism, Mission and Training Department
P O Box: 61 Kigali- Rwanda