DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION
The department is responsible for the implementation of church and community transformation through a holistic ministry aimed at mindset change and empowering for local response towards Spiritual and Social Economic wellbeing. We partner with different International organizations such as TEARFUND, HOPE INTERNATIONAL and SAMARITAN’S PURSE through their technical and financial support to Kigali Diocese.
We work through local churches with support of the local Government to implement community development projects include:
- Church and Community empowerment or Capacity building
- Self help groups(saving for life)
- Health issues (awareness of community health insurance)
- Agriculture business
- Income generating activities
- Hygiene and sanitation
WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR:
- As of May 2018 we have formed 518 self-help groups with 8712 members (5,528 women & 3,184 men) to support vulnerable families in our community and access to finance with no capital injection, 1500 families implemented modern agriculture techniques, 35 houses were constructed by community members and self help groups supported their members to pay health insurance.
The Anglican Church – Kigali Diocese
Development and Social Transformation Department
P O Box: 61 Kigali- Rwanda