Kigali Diocese has links with many partners outside of Rwanda
UK: we have a strong partnership with the Diocese of Ely:
We hope to:
- Share in each other's spirituality, culture and life
- Share in the mission of God's Kingdom together
- Engage in common tasks and to support each other
- Have an insight into and help bear each other's burdens
- Develop a world-wide understanding of the Kingdom of God.
- Becoming friends
- Praying for each other
- Learning from each other
- Exchanging information regularly
- Actively seeking and thinking about areas and strategies for ministry in each location/diocese/situation which is appropriate to the context.
- Developing a sustainable and broad-based partnership. This will include promoting links at different levels between each diocese: these may include parish to parish, school to school, project to project, business to business, church group to church group links for example
- To help one another read contemporary culture from a different perspective and consequently to assist in planning mission/evangelism strategies which are intrinsically relevant to our own contexts
- Helping each other to further engage with our specific context of Christian ministry which will involve both encouraging and inspiring one another and, at times, challenging one another.
- We have been privileged to receive Ely teams in Kigali Diocese over the last years. Exchange visits, parish to parish links, intercessions and curate’s placement have enormously enriched our link goal to learn and grow together.
These projects include:
- The archiving project
- 64 bikes given to catechists and motorcycle given to Kicukiro pastor to facilitate their transport
- Sponsorship towards catechists and pastors training at KATC (Kigali Anglican Theological College).
May the Lord richly bless everyone involved in this link.
The Netherlands: Dutch churches that partner with us through GZB.
USA: Church partnerships
We partner with CMS, Samaritan purse, Tear Fund, and others.